Hazelnut and Chocolate Tart
For the pastry
- 225g of Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 75g of icing sugar
- 150g of butter
- 1-2tbsp of milk
For the caramel sauce:
- 1 tin of condensed milk caramel
For the chocolate ganache filling:
- 240ml Double Cream
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 100g of Kelkin Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Firstly make the pastry by weighing out the dry ingredients into a large bowl and then rubbing the butter into them until you get like breadcrumb consistency.
- Add the milk until the dough forms and then wrap in clingfilm. Leave in the fridge to rest for 30mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Once the pastry has chilled, dust a work surface with a little flour and roll out the pastry to 3mm in thickness. This should be large enough to fit a 20cm diameter, 4cm deep fluted tart tin with a removable base.
- Line the tin with the pastry and press it into the sides before trimming the edges.
- Prick the base with a fork all over and line with heatproof cling film or parchment paper, and fill with baking beans, rice or flour.
- Place the tart in the oven to blind bake for about 10 minutes until the pastry is a light golden brown. Remove the tin from the oven, lift out the cling film and beans/rice/flour and cook for a further 5-8 minutes until cooked through and lightly golden. Remove the tin from the oven again and allow it to cool.
- Once cooled, spread on the condensed milk caramel sauce and let cool at room temperature to set.
- To make the ganache filling, heat the cream on a gentle heat and pour over the dark chocolate and chocolate & hazelnut spread. Allow to cool slightly before pouring over the top of your tart.
- Sprinkle with some sea salt and allow to cool for an hour before serving and tucking in. Enjoy