Kelkin Chia Seed Jam
- 2 cups chopped fruit of your choice
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons honey, agave, maple syrup, or sugar
- 2 tablespoons Kelkin Chia seeds
- Prepare the fruit as needed. Remove stems, seeds, skin and chop into small pieces.
- Cook the fruit on a medium heat for 5-10 minutes until it starts to break down. Mash the fruit with the back of a spatula to your desired consistency.
- Take the fruit off the heat and stir in the honey and lemon juice to taste.
- Add the Kelkin Chia seeds
- Let stand 5 minutes, until thickened. For a thicker consistency, add more chia seeds (1 teaspoon at a time).
- Transfer to a jar or other storage container. Store in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
Spread a helping of the jam on your favourite pancake recipe. Why not try out this delicious recipe for Odlums Crepe style pancakes here.