Greek Chicken Salad
- 600g Chicken Breast (sliced into strips)
- 1 cucumber (peeled & diced)
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup Greek olives
- 220g feta (cut into bite size cubes)
- 1 cup rocket
Greek yoghurt chicken marinade:
- 200g Plain Greek yogurt
- 60ml olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed/minced)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tbs lemon zest
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground pepper to taste
Greek lemon dressing
- 120ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs lemon zest
- 120ml olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh chopped oregano
- 1 tbs fresh chopped basil
- 1 tsp dried crushed red pepper seeds
- 2 large (or 3 small) garlic cloves (crushed/minced)
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Whisk together ingredients for the yogurt marinate. Add chicken, coat well and leave to marinate a minimum of 3 hours in refrigerator.
- Whisk together the ingredients for Greek Lemon Dressing, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- When chicken is ready to grill, oil the grill plates and preheat the grill. Put chicken on then reduce heat to medium. Turn after 5-6 minutes, remove when cooked through (they will be almost done when turned).
- Add the cucumber, tomato, olives, feta and rocket to a large bowl. Mix.
- Chop the chicken into bite size chunks, and add the salad mixture. Pour the lemon dressing in and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate a minimum of 3 hours before serving (overnight is even better).
Serve with Kelkin Rice Cakes.